Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sweet Saturdays

We had a nice relaxing Saturday.  Last night the girls and I went to the Theater in the Park to watch "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown".  It was a really great show and I so enjoyed the music and the singing, and most especially the almost chilly weather!

This morning I got up and made some banana bread and got the kids dressed and out the door to play in this nice weather and then a friend stopped by for a nice long chat!  I haven't had time for one of those in such a long time.  It was so much fun to sip our coffee and nibble the fresh bread and just talk girl talk!

In the afternoon we went to visit a new mommy in the hospital where her precious baby girl is trying to grow and gain strength.  I am praying for little Mattie and her brave mommy.  I know God will be with them.  I can only imagine how frightening it would be to have this happen with your first child.

Going to settle in for the night, have to be in bed early so we can be on time for church tomorrow!  We have been late for the last few weeks and I am bound and determined to start getting my family there on time!!  I hate to be the last family in there...and we don't even have the babies yet!  At least then we would have a good excuse!

No comments: