Friday, February 17, 2012

The Single Mom Life!

I wanted to link to Kelly's blog, mostly because I LOVE to read her blog!! And I just can't get enough of those cutie patooties Harper and Hollis! But I don't really think of myself as a single mom, I think of myself as part of a large family!

When my son was little and I was newly divorced, we struggled a lot. I was in college, we lived for a time with my parents, I sometimes worked 3 jobs and my son had to go to daycare. At that time I probably would have called myself a single mom. But it wasn't by choice, I was really hoping to get married again one day.

Fast forward to now, I have a pretty comfortable life, I work out of my home, I spend most of my time with my children and doing things for them. Most of the struggle is gone.

I think the biggest difference is that when I was younger and my marriage ended, I found myself in a particular situation...not of my choosing.

Now, I have a life that I have built...and most of it is by my own choice. I say most of it, because my first choice is to be led by God...and He is in control of my life! When I decide to adopt another child it is because I have prayed over it and am certain that is what God has chosen for me.

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope to see you here again!


No comments: