Friday, September 26, 2014

Homeschool Family Camp 2014 - Part 4

I promise this is the last post I will do...for now...on the Homeschool Family Camp!  But really, I can't help it!  It really had an impact on us.  And that is what I want to tell you about now.

I have this theory.  Well, it isn't a new one.  Most will probably agree with it.  But to see it in action, that is another thing!

When you surround your children with adults and other children of exceptional character, and block out all other influences, your children will start to emulate those around them and become exceptional themselves.  Don't you agree?

Well I have proof!

Now, I love my daughters.  They are sweet and smart, creative and kind, friendly and sometimes kind of selfish.  Aren't all kids that way?  We work a lot on trying to have a servant's heart.  But it is a long road....

Most of the time I get a lot of this...

I walk into the kitchen, there are dirty plates and cups and utensils all over the sink.  Someone left a knife with jelly and peanut butter laying on the counter...lots of crumbs on the floor!

So I ask, "Who made lunch and left everything on the counter?"

And what do you think the response is?  If you answered, "Not me!"  about 4 times, then, Ring, Ring, Ring, you are a winner!

So what do you do with children that not only won't clean up after themselves, they feel like you are torturing them if you ask them to clean up after each other?!

I will tell you...take them to Family Homeschool Camp!!!  Yes, folks, I now have girls who can see the beauty of serving each other!!  WOW!!  I even have pictures!


Ava Marie was sitting with me, watching the young woman in the white shirt go from table to table picking up people's empty plates and wiping their tables for them.  She was being of service to many different families.  At some point Ava just got up and started following her and doing the same thing.  She never said a word, just went from table to table and picked up dishes and cups and put them in the tub on the side.


I sat there for about 20 minutes watching them.  They worked side by side, never speaking to each other, just joyfully serving others.





Then she caught me watching her!  I was so proud of her!

So there is your secret!  Surround your children with the kind of people you hope they grow up to be!  Then let them soak it up, God's word...it transforms.  Amen!

No comments: