Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 2014 - Week 2

I love this time of year so much!  Even if there isn't any snow, even if I haven't got everything I planned done,
                   or baked,
                               or wrapped!

I am still so happy and content to just enjoy the lights,
                                                                           the sounds,
                                                                                     the feeling of Christmas!



So here was our 2nd week of the Best. Month. Ever!



Hanging out in a laundry basket, must be so cool when you are 2!  
Must be even cooler when there are 2 of you! 






On Friday night we hosted a Christmas Party for the girls enrichment program.  We had about 20 kids show up, from the 8th, 9th and 10th grades.  It was a really fun night!  Everyone brought goodies to share and pairs of brand new Christmas socks to donate to Children's Mercy Hospital!



The girls were so excited and really worked hard to create a beautiful evening.


I ordered pizzas and provided the drinks!  Everyone brought goodies to share...
but I forgot to take pictures of them!


The boys enjoyed the pizza before the guests arrived!

Unfortunately I got so busy talking with the other parents and also just enjoying all the wonderful friends my girls have, that I never took another picture!  So sad, but then we all had a great time just being in the moment!






Saturday morning, after Ava Marie's rehearsal and between errands, I tried to get some work done in my office.  I was working away and kept hearing the doorbell ring.  I finally got up to answer it because NO ONE else was getting the door!
RING!
           RING!
                      RING!
                                RING!




Here is what I found as I was opening the door!




They thought they were so funny!  RING-RING!  GIGGLE-GIGGLE!


They are so lucky that they are so cute!!







Sunday was Ava Marie's 7th Birthday!  All of the girls had a dance show at Union Station!  Wow!  It is so beautiful there!  The whole place is decked out with the best decorations around!  And there is a great big stage in the Grand Hall and all of their dance troupes performed there!  It was spectacular!

Afterward we handed out cupcakes to the girls in Ava Marie's TiniTainers dance troupe!  Mackenzie made them and they were sooo yummy!








We also took a couple of photos in the extra large Santa Sleigh!  Beckham had enough by then, we had been there almost 3 hours!





After Ava Marie's special dinner of Chipotle Chicken Burritos, Ceasar Salad and Ice Cream she opened her gifts.  I think she is looking so grown up now!  She wears the same size as Madyson Claire!  But she is still my baby girl!




I said, sit down on the fireplace so Mommy can take a picture of you, 
and both boys did the same thing!



She was so excited about a package of pencils!






And lastly, I just love how my fireplace looks with everyone's stocking hung!  It makes me so happy to see all their names up there!  

Mackenzie announced that we can not add any more children to our family because we can't fit anymore stockings across the mantle!  But then Katy and Madyson said, Oh yes we can!  And they proceeded to take them down and show how they could move them closer and also hang them staggered and even hang some on the upper part of the fireplace...

I just love how my girls can find room, not only in their hearts, but literally in our home for more!









Well, you never know...I see some spaces that might need filling too....

                                                              to be continued....................................................

No comments: